Sleeping is one of the most important tasks as we do every day. It is important because it gives rest to our body organs and we get the energy to restart our day to day life with full rhythm. In the time of sleeping sometimes, we may face some problem like snoring, sleep apnea, chronic insomnia and many more. These are called sleeping disorder and question is How to Stop Snoring?
Sleep apnea is one type of sleeping disorder. It may stop or abnormally slow breathing during sleeping. Chronic insomnia is common in adults. Depression, anxiety; stress, etc may cause chronic insomnia.
Snoring is the most common sleeping disorder and how to stop snoring. It is one kind of noise produced when individual breaths. Snoring causes due to obstructed air movement during breathing while sleeping. The main causes of snoring are mouth anatomy, overweight, alcohol, sleeping pills, sleeping position, allergy, nasal problems, mouth breather, small or collapsing nostrils, tongue base snorer and many more.
According to Concord Sleep Doctor, we can stop snoring in several ways like-
- Changing Sleep Position: Avoid to lying on you’re backbit makes the base of the tongue and soft palate collapse to the back wall of the throat and causes snoring. Try to sleep on the side.
- Losing Weight: By losing our weight we can solve the problem of snoring.
- Avoiding Alcohol: Try to avoid alcohol. Because it reduces the resting tone of the muscles in the back of the throat.
- Opening Nasal Passages: When we open our nasal passage it helps air to move through slower.
- Practicing Good Sleep Hygiene: Practice a good habit of sleep. It will help you to reduce snoring.
- Staying Well Hydrated: Drink every day at least eight glass of water and keep you hydrated.
- Changing the Pillow: Take a comfortable pillow. It helps effectively to stop snoring.
Also, we can do some simple tests like-Nose test, Mouth breathing test, Tongue test, Palatal Flutter.
Concord Sleep Specialist
recommend that, overall get enough sleep on the side, try to avoid alcohol, sleep in a comfortable pillow, drink water and be happy to stop snoring.